library not working

Jul 24, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Hi Ming Chung Chu,

I must appreciate all the great work on this project that you have put, this is incredible, very well written and solid, 

I tried this library and found that its broken / not entirely working.

I have tried creating a patch for it but did not create a fork for it yet, check out T_A from my project list,

also i am curious to know following

Flow: Sucessful Auth

Scenario: Returning User

When the persistance type is db and the auth is sucessful, values get stored in db for o_auth_token, security_token, access token etc, when a registered user returns to the site how to identify that the user exist without creating a new oauth_token,

the way you tried solving it was with IP but as you know thats not the rock solid approach as user may use different devices or locations or machines to use the service..

any thoughts?

regards,

Vishal

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Some service provider requires different access token when you use different devices (like PC, phone, tablet, etc.).

If service provider requires it, you must create device specific access token and save it into database, when user use different device, you must fetch correct access token for user's device to access services.

If you want to confirm user has access token stored in db, you can use cookie to persist user's state (I use this method at several cases).